The Section of Taxation is a global leader in tax, providing professional development to members, technical and legislative comments to government, and pro bono resources for the underserved.The Section of Taxation is a global leader in tax, providing professional development to members, technical and legislative comments to government, and pro bono resources for the underserved.
The mission of the ABA Section of Taxation is to serve our members and the public by providing education about taxes and tax systems, and by providing leadership to support the development of an equitable, efficient and workable tax system.
- To serve as the national representative of the legal profession with regard to the tax system.
- To improve public understanding of, confidence in, and respect for, the tax system.
- To provide leadership in simplifying and improving the tax system.
- To provide unbiased, thoughtful and timely input into the legislative and administrative process.
- To promote and maintain an active, vigorous, growing and interested Section membership.
- To provide programs and services of unique quality which promote professionalism, competence and ethical conduct.
- To provide a national forum for communication among Section members and interchange with the public sector.